Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cathy Song Student Blog


I have been to many other missions trip but I have not learned as much as I did on this trip. On this trip I have met so many people who has greatly influenced me. I felt so touched by the people in St. Louis. Everyday during and since the trip I think about the people God has brought to me and vise versa. I think about how blessed I am to have the opportunity to meet these people so that I can keep them in my heart and prayers. So as you’re reading this you’re probably wondering who these “people” are. One of them was our “GPS,” we gave him this nickname because he knew the city inside and out. He was definitely one of many influences. I was influenced by how strong his relationship was with Christ. GPS is so thankful and blessed the way he lived; also, his braveness into sharing the Gospel and evangelizing his backyard. Other influences were the people we heard testimonies from the people of St. Louis and what God has done for them according to His plan. I was influenced how God’s grace used the weak to lead the strong. Their testimonies taught me how amazing God’s plan was for them and they had the power to change their old ways and completely surrender to the Lord so they can live in His plan and be happy.

Besides being influenced I enjoyed the whole trip in general. I enjoyed how God has put my team and I in the same plan so that we can get to know each other better, but most importantly get to know God more and grow our relationship with God more with each other.
All in all, this trip has taught me to use this experience, meeting people and bonding with people, use it to share with others in my neighborhood and sow some seed into them. 


- Cathy Song

No comments:

Post a Comment